Monday, February 11, 2013

Wait...I have a blog?

Here I go again reverting back to my old ways.  I start something and then it gets hard, or I forget to do it once so I ultimately quit.  NOT THIS TIME!  Yeah, I started this blog a month ago, and already started slacking on my posts.  No, I'm not giving up this easily.  I guess I just haven't really thought of much that was interesting to say, or so I thought.
I've also found it hard to get back into the marathon training schedule.  I keep coming up with excuses, but it is LEGIT cold outside, and I find it UUUBBBER boring to run more than 2 miles on the treadmill.  So I have only been able to force myself to do it 4 times since my last post.  I did it twice two weeks ago and twice last week.  I talked to my sister about it yesterday, and about how I give up so easily, and she was so much nicer to me than I am to myself.
The lesson that I'm learning, and the one that I've been trying to learn my whole life, is that even if it doesn't go perfectly as planned, it's still not okay for me to give up.  Blogging is something that I've been wanting to do for a while.  SO, I'm going to do it.

Upcoming topics to be seen:

  • A trip to Prague for the 4 day weekend this weekend.
  • More nail photos (I've recently received more polishes that I ordered)
  • Some pinterest pins that I've tried.
  • continued progress on my marathon training

2 comments:

  1. i feel you on this one. sometimes writing/doing blog posts is really challenging. its hard to think, what do i have to say that's worth reading? do i even have anything at all to say today? it can be really difficult.

    i've taken plenty of breaks in blogging--when life gets in the way, when i feel too sad to blog, and mostly when i just feel "off of blogging for the moment.

    but blogs are great--it helps you keep up with family members on a different level, it helps you be able to look back at events/etc. to see how much things have changed, and it also helps (with regard to the marathon) to keep you accountable to things you've promised yourself you wanted to do. because you wrote it down for the world to see, rather than say "Hey i'd like to do that again".

    but stop being so hard on yourself!--you've been blogging and you've been training while handling your own life at home.

    anyway--super jealous of you going to prague! that's amazing. make sure post photos!!

    xo

    alissa b
    http://alissab.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love you! I know I'm going to be able to do this with your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete