Thursday, January 31, 2013

Half-Marathon Training...Again! Week 1

So, this past Spring (April 29, 2012 to be exact), I ran my first half-marathon.  I trained hard for months to work up to it, and I actually accomplished the goal.  It was the OKC Memorial half and I finished in 2 hours and 16 minutes.  I was so proud of myself because never in a million years did I think that I'd actually run a half-marathon.  

After the run, I promptly feel out of the habit of running, and I let myself get out of shape...again.  So here I am, contemplating doing another half-marathon.  Only this time it will be different.  This time I'm going to run it with my sister, and I'm excited.  We each recently started our own training regimens.  She in Oklahoma, and I in Germany.  


Here's what I have so far.  Last week I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill 3 times at 2 miles each:

Day 1: 2.21 miles

Day 2: 2.23 miles

Day 3: 2.23 miles 

So there it is, my first week back at it.  Working slowly back up to it, that way I don't burn myself out.  I will keep you guys updated!

Here's a photo of the shirt I want to wear for the run:



And a picture of some cute owls for good measure:




3 comments:

  1. yay! look at those times--you go girl!

    #teambeast

    xo
    alissa b
    http://www.alissab.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Was Running Invented Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marathon Training Plan Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete